Duke City Pinball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinball Video Games

3 posters

Go down

Pinball Video Games Empty Pinball Video Games

Post  jonnyflash Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:00 pm

I've been loving Williams Pinball Hall of Fame on the Wii(thanks to Don for the recommendation!). The only other Pinball video game I've ever played is the old reliable Space Cadet 3D that came with certain versions of Windows. Anyone have some good recommendations?

jonnyflash

http://owlgod.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Pinball Video Games Empty Re: Pinball Video Games

Post  Callmesteam Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:18 pm

'Zen Pinball' on the PS3 is a very solid newer title. The tables are very derivative of real life tables, but at least they stole from the best! 'Metroid Pinball' and 'Pinball of the Dead' (on the Nintendo DS and GameBoy Advance, respectively) are also pretty solid... if not very realistic. 'Devils Crush' on the TG16 (and Wii Virtual Console) is another fun pinball game. As is 'Kirby's Pinball Land' on the Gameboy.

A lot of people seem to love 'Pinball Dreams' for the old Amiga 1200, and it was recently reissued on the Apple iPhone/iTouch as an app. 'Wild West Pinball' is one of the most 'realistic' pinball apps in the iTunes store, and it recently was reduced to the low, low price of 'FREE'. I bought it for a dollar and don't regret it. It's no frills, but certainly is fun for what it is.

I'd love to hear of other solid pinball games though!
Callmesteam
Callmesteam
Admin

http://www.dukecitypinball.com

Back to top Go down

Post  piratepest505 Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:49 pm

How funny. This game has relit my pinball fire, too. I picked it up for the wii a couple of weeks ago for $15 at Wal Mart in Rio Rancho. Rudy from Funhouse was on the cover and I could hear his voice in my head "Hey Chucky! Come on in!" My old foe! We had a Funhouse machine at Coney Island Restaurant, a little hole-in-the-wall hotdog place I worked at back in 1993-94 in Galesburg, IL. I played that game almost every day for over a year, til the owners replaced it with a Bad Cats machine (also very fun)

The wii title is dead on accurate to the actual machines. I have played Space Shuttle, Gorgar and Sorcerer in real life, too, , and I think Whirlwind, and from what I recall, they were just exactly like they are on the video game. I assume they are all very faithful recreations.

Remember Video Pinball for the Atari 2600 back in the day. It was always one of my favorite games. The Williams collection for wii is way better, though. Duh.

I just ordered the wii Pinball Hallof Fame: Gottlieb Collection from amazon.com. I hope it is as good.

I wish you could adjust the angle of the tables, making them more challenging. I know those tables in real life are way harder.

I wonder if the inclusion of these particular titles in the video game has increased the value of the actual machines. I found two Funhouse machines on ebay, one for $3800 and another really nice looking one for almost $7000. Maybe I find an old fixer upper somewhere.

piratepest505

Back to top Go down

Post  Callmesteam Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:38 pm

Did anyone else try out the Gottlieb collection on Wii yet? I have played Playboy about a million times and cannot score 2000 points to unlock the table. Driving me nuts... Stingy with the credits too. On the other hand 'Goin' Nuts' is a pretty great pin. Time based, and with constant multiball... very, very different.
Callmesteam
Callmesteam
Admin

http://www.dukecitypinball.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down